Lead Product Designer
Atlas Obscura is seeking a Lead Product Designer to join our expanding Product team. Reporting to the VP of Product, the Lead Product Designer will be responsible for creating engaging online user experiences and for providing thoughtful design solutions to grow our business. If you have a passion for inspiring, elegant, forward-thinking visual design and an enthusiasm for user research, prototyping, and interaction design, then we want to hear from you!
Atlas Obscura is a remote-first company, so you can work from anywhere within the continental United States.
- Evolve the user experience for consumer-facing digital products on our responsive websites and native app.
- Set a new standard for our digital design discipline, working on projects ranging in scale from full redesign or refresh projects, through to ideating new features and evolving existing ones.
- Define, prototype and validate solutions with external users and internal stakeholders.
- Build production ready assets and designs for our cross-platform digital experiences.
- Collaborate with our Product Managers and Engineers in all phases of agile product development, from discovery to delivery to iteration.
- Manage and evolve our digital design system.
- Collaborate with and mentor Product Designers.
- 5+ years of experience successfully designing digital products in an Agile product development environment.
- Experience creating an inspiring user experience for desktop and mobile devices as well as native mobile apps.
- Fantastic visual design skills (e.g.; layout, composition, typography, color) showcased through a refined and inspiring portfolio.
- Expertise with Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to confidently share your work at any stage of your process with a variety of internal audiences.
- Robust prototyping skills and user research experience.
- A willingness to give and receive feedback, explore new ideas, and take risks.
- A passion for Atlas Obscura’s mission of inspiring wonder and curiosity about the incredible world we all share.
Compensation is competitive and includes equity. Benefits for full-time employees include family health, dental, and vision plans and a generous vacation policy. At Atlas Obscura we believe exploration is for everyone and encourage diverse applicants. We are committed to an equitable hiring process and an inclusive work environment.
About Atlas Obscura
Atlas Obscura is an award-winning travel company founded in 2009. Widely celebrated for building the definitive, community-driven guide to the world's hidden wonders, the company also offers unique online and in-person experiences, produces once-in-a-lifetime trips, and has published two New York Times bestselling books with more than a million copies in print. Atlas Obscura has been nominated for three National Magazine Awards, a James Beard Award, three Webby Awards, and in 2020 was named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing companies. Having raised a $20M, Series B led by Airbnb last summer, Atlas Obscura is well-positioned for growth.